My word for 2012 : Adventure



Adventure is what we are starting, right from the beginning of the year! My husband accepted an offer to transfer from Ontario to Prince Edward Island with his work. We will be moving there as soon as our house is sold and closes. What an adventure this will be! I am looking forward to being near the ocean again. I grew up on the Mediterranean Sea and miss it so much. We have lived near lakes, but I don't find them the same. The ocean is where I feel at home.
We have a lot of other "things" we are looking forward to, fresh clean air, a lifestyle that seems to mirror our way of life much better, culture, history, and more...
I am not sure how much time I will have over the next few months to blog, but I will try to come here and give updates as much as possible.
A group of flickr friends are getting together again this year for a weekly self portrait challenge, so the photo above was my first one. I am continuing on my personal adventure of embracing my silver hair too, will do an update photo soon. And turning 40 in May will be a big adventure too!

So...yes...my word for 2012 is adventure!

Comments

  1. That is a great photo of you and a fantastic word of the year!

    I look forward to hearing about your adventure in PEI and seeing photos. I have never been there!

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! I have a nephew who lives there with his family. (I have a big extended family so I haven't seen him in a while) He is the Holstein Representative for the Maritime Provinces. If you go to any local fairs, which the Island is proud to have lots of, he will be there milling around with the cattle! I love family adventures and I envy you moving to the Maritimes. We lived in New Brunswick for a while and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment