Easy Muesli-Style Jar Breakfast


A good friend (hi Laurie!!) sent me this recipe in a Facebook message because she thought I would like it. How sweet is that? I always like receiving tried-and-true recipes, and she was right, I love it! 

This is so easy to make and delicious. My favourite part is the flexibility you can have with the ingredients and that you set it up the night before! I can see that this would make our school mornings easier.  

Here is the basic recipe:


In a small mason jar, add


1/4 cup oats (I used the large flake ones)
1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh fruit cut up (apples, bananas...)
1/8 cup dried fruit cut up
1 Tbsp seeds (chia, flax...)
1 Tbsp sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave...)
1/2 cup of milk (rice, soy, almond, cows milk...)
a dash of cinnamon


Put the lid on and shake. 
Put in the fridge and let it sit overnight. 
In the morning, take the jar, pour it in a serving bowl. Enjoy! 


I have tried two different combinations so far. We like both! 


Jar 1: 
apples and dried apricots (both cut up small)
maple flax
agave nectar
soy milk
cinnamon


Jar 2: 
strawberries 
agave nectar
soy milk
vanilla 


I might adjust the portions and use the next size of mason jars...hungry teenagers in my house! 


Let me know if you give the recipe a try! 

Comments

Post a Comment