Completed Cross Stitch Projects + Homemade Buttermilk Raspberry Ice Cream


I managed to complete two cross stitch projects this past week, thanks to two snow storms! 

The Woodland Sampler is now finished with December and the year block. It is difficult to get a good photo of it that shows all the white snowflakes and the silver sparkly floss.

I also finished the Gingerbread Lane. This one is also tough to show well in a photo. The fabric itself has sparkles and some of the stitches are also in a pale pink sparkle. It is a pain to work with but looks pretty. 



I hung it for now where our holiday cards go when we received them. I will decide later what to do with it...



Both patterns are from the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I love their patterns (if you couldn't tell!) and already ordered the 2014 year-long one! Check it out here: 

2014 Once Upon a Time Sampler. 

image from the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery

I made some ice cream this week again since I had cream and buttermilk to use up. I tried a new recipe and Celeste loved it: Buttermilk Raspberry Ice Cream. I also made a batch of our regular strawberry ice cream. 



This one is super simple to make and has few ingredients:


  • 2 cups fresh raspberries
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend raspberries in a food processor until smooth. Press raspberry puree through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl, discarding solids. Add the sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla extract to bowl, stir until well blended. Pour the mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Recipe from Daily Women Talks
We haven't been listening to Christmas music lately, waiting for next week... My youngest listened to this song. a. lot. It's ok, I actually really enjoy it. 

I am linking to the Simple Things Notebook for the weekly Make & Listen. 

Comments

  1. The cross stitch turned out wonderful. I know what you mean about that shiny thread. Oh. My. It is tough to work with but does make for beautiful results.
    That ice cream sounds amazing. I would have never thought to use buttermilk.
    That movie looks cute.
    Thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment