Yummy Lemon Cake with Lemon Glaze



We made this wonderful lemon cake yesterday. I switched a couple of ingredients from an allrecipes.com recipe because I had to, but it still turned out so yummy!
The girls especially liked the lemon glaze that dripped onto the waxed paper...


Here is the link for the recipe "Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake" . My substitutions were:

I used lemon juice instead of lemon extract because I didn't have any...a little more than what was required, because lemon extract is a bit stronger I think.

I also used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose.

In the glaze I used extra lemon juice instead of the lemon extract, and added a little bit of the grated lemon peel.

I punctured a few holes with a toothpick on the top of the cake before dripping slowly the glaze on top. The cake looks dark on my picture...but it's just perfect!

Comments