movies and kleenexes


I cry during sad movies, but also happy movies. Tears of sadness, tears of joy. I can get easily teary eye in real life too, but during movies, I just let it go. Just like when I am reading, I get completely immersed while watching movies, almost like I am leaving my own life behind. I feel for the characters. I can see my husband's head shaking when he notices that, yes, I am needing a kleenex yet again while we are watching something together. I am one of those people that comes out of the movie theatre with red eyes. I have learned to not go to the theatre if I know that it is a sad movie, I just wait until it comes out on DVD. For the last couple of years, I just wait until it is available at our local library. I used to be embarrassed by it, but not anymore. I am just an emotional person. I rarely have a reason to cry in my real life, so movies are good for my tear ducts.

I know that last sentence is a little silly.

Maybe I will blame this whole post to my lack of Facebook. Facebook withdrawal day 3! No, actually it hasn't been that bad for me. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. The last 3 days, I have checked my e-mail, read a couple of blogs and then that's it. Definitely not as much time spent on the computer.

To get back to movies, I just watched My Sister's Keeper. A beautiful and  touching movie, I really loved it, but about half of one kleenex box disappeared. It made me so grateful to have healthy children, I can't imagine going through what this family went through. I know that the movie is based on the novel by Jodi Picoult but I have not read it yet. I did notice that this movie was directed by Nick Cassavetes, who directed The Notebook, a favourite of mine. I like watching some of these romantic or sad movies. I usually watch them by myself, on a laptop that my mother-in-law gave to us, cozy in my bed, while my kids are busy or on evenings when my husband is working late. He usually doesn't want to watch that type of movie!
I use our local library to watch movies, researching by the studio name and seeing which newer releases I want to see. Some of the more popular ones and the newest have long waiting lists, but others are available fast, and since there is no cost, it's great!

Comments

  1. Ah yes, facebook withdrawals......

    :)

    It's good though, to disconnect (well, somewhat) for a time, isn't it? I think it puts my time there into perspective and while I will get back to facebooking I do think I'll spend a bit less time there. The trade off just isn't worth it.

    Trying to get my blog set up to a point where I can even spend less time there, but I am *never* satisfied with my theme :P The frog is already seeing his last days. Just waiting for the perfect picture :)

    We saw My Sister's Keeper at the drive in. A great movie but sad :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment