Our Canadian Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving dinner was perfect, just us, full of good food and plenty of laughter.
We talked about what we were thankful for. We talked about the future.

I am not a big fan of turkey, but I love making stock with it the next day.
We had slow cooker sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and mushrooms.
I also made cranberry sauce. Why buy the can stuff when making it is so easy?
I keep it simple by cooking cranberries (I used frozen this time) with sugar and water.
There are many recipes online, here is a simple one.
With the turkey, I followed Jamie Oliver's tip of putting some stuffing in between the skin and the breast of the turkey. It kept the breast meat super moist. Whenever I roast a turkey or chicken, I usually add an orange or a lemon in the cavity and put carrots, celery, onions, and garlic in the pan. Those are then used to make the stock (not the orange/lemon).



Comments

Post a Comment