52 books :: book 45 :: The Element



It took me over a month to read this book! I really enjoyed it and took many notes. The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything by Ken Robinson is thought provoking and inspiring. Here are a few of my favourites passages from this book, from various chapters:

"Never underestimate the vital importance of finding early in life the work that for you is play."

"The Element: the place where the things you love to do and the things that you are good at come together."

"Education is the system that's supposed to develop our natural abilities and enable us to make our way in the world. Instead it is stifling the individual talents and abilities of too many students and killing their motivation to learn."

I could feel that I am in my "element"  in three different areas, when I am learning and discovering new things with my children (homeschooling/unschooling), while I sew and quilt and the whole process involved in designing, choosing fabrics, preparing, etc... and the last area is photography. Whenever I am involved in any of these areas, I can easily loose track of time, I am the most happy and I feel recharged. 

 

Comments