Year 5 :: Week 13 :: A little late...

Last week was another busy week for us!

It was the first week of November, which meant NaNoWriMo. Adrienne and Andre decided to participate in the Young Writers Program. I didn't ask them to this year, I only let them know that I was trying it again for myself. I was very pleased to hear them both say they wanted to do it! We have been writing almost every day. As of today, November 9, Andre has 1,860 words in his novel about shape shifters, and Adrienne has 1,495 in her novel about orphan pirates set in Australia. I love seeing their imaginations at work! They both have a goal of 5,000 words.




Andre spent an afternoon last week researching information on Atlantis and the Bermuda Triangle. You can see my Book Sharing Monday for two books that were helpful in his research. He used Google Earth to locate some of the places that could have been the site for Atlantis, then told me what his theory is. We read together the entry on Wikipedia for Atlantis and that lead to more reading and discussions here and here.

On Thursday, we took a family day trip to a small town. We spent the day there, exploring and enjoying ourselves.



That's about all I have for you. We still covered our basic subjects, and read more Canadian History, along with doing some World Geography.
NaNoWriMo is taking up a lot of our time, and I have no problem with that! Seeing her siblings spending their time writing, Celeste decided she would do NaNoWriMo too. She is so cute...she got herself one of her books and is copying the words. She then counts the words and tells me her totals, just like Adrienne and Andre! You can see her work in the photo below!

Comments

  1. It's NaNoWriMo at our house this month too! So cute that your little one is counting her words too! Enjoyed taking a peek at your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment