Weekly Wrap-Up ~ Screen-Free Week and a Break from Blogging

This past week was Scree-Free Week and we had all agreed to stay off any screens for seven days. We all realized very fast that this wasn't going to work. It worked for us in the past, but not this year. The television and video games were easy to keep off, it was the internet that wasn't! We kept finding ourselves "needing" to get online. Adrienne needed to do research for her current essay, we found ourselves wanting to look things up for our Canadian History, and there were many more occasions! 

We did watch one documentary, Babies. We had been waiting our turn at the library for this one for a long time! 



Babies is a great documentary. We all really loved it! It was a great tie-in for our World Geography study, seeing the living conditions of the African baby and the Mongolian one, compared to the Tokyo and USA. Here is a trailer. We were able to get this from our local library, so check yours too!

The rest of the week was uneventful. We completed our regular subjects.

In World Geography, we are now studying India. In Canadian History, we are now in the 1970s!

If you would like to read other homeschool families wrap-up posts, you can visit Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.



I will be taking a break from blogging for a while. I have always told myself that when blogging becomes "something I have to do" instead of "something I enjoy", I would give myself a break from it. I feel this way about blogging right now. Spring is a time when I want to be outdoors more, enjoying our beautiful weather and nature with my children.

Book Sharing Monday will be on hold, but I hope you continue posting on your own blogs. There are many (126 at last count!) Book Sharing Monday posts I have written, you can visit previous ones here

I will be back soon, hope you will have a fun-filled time too! 

Comments

  1. I think there is always something to be learned from evaluating your habits. As you said you eliminated the extra screen time. What you discovered is more learning time is screened based and that is not always a bad thing. There are quality resources available from media sources, you just don't want that to be your only connection to the world.

    Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We borrowed Babies from our library only a few weeks ago (man there was a long wait for that one!) and we enjoyed it too ;-)

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment