Banana Popsicles...and Mother's Day


Mmmm... Banana popsicles taste like summer. I had my first one this year on Saturday after we spent the afternoon at the Science festival. It was fun, but not as much fun as last year, still we were glad we went.

I have come to the realization that I don't really like holidays. Not vacations, but the holidays like Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, etc... I never bought into the commercial aspect of these "special" days. I also think that every day should be special. Every day we should make a point of being kind to each other. It doesn't have to include physical gifts. The best presents are not things in my opinion.

For example, I didn't get presents yesterday for Mother's Day, but at the end of the day, my husband worked hard on our computer and succeeded at retrieving all the files, documents and photos that we had lost a couple of days ago. I was so relieved and told him that this was the best gift he could give me at this time!

Comments

  1. I feel the same way... but I don't mind getting the gifts if they happen to have some : )
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am soooo happy you got your files back Alex! Talk about a GREAT gift :) Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment