Farm Day in the City



Farm Day in the City was happening today, rain or shine. In between Army Cadets practices, two of my kids and I went to it. They had closed down part of a street for this fun day. Lots of pumpkins and farm stands, live music, balloon twisting & face painting, a petting zoo, and some freshly made food. 




We stayed only for an hour, but watched a demonstration by Bernardin and even tasted what he was making. It was called carrot cake jam made with apples, carrots and pineapple. It also had a mixture of spices. It was delicious, and I am not a huge fan of jams. 




My kids had lunch at the event too. Andre had a peameal bacon sandwich from the Culinary Institute and Adrienne had a creamy vegetable soup from Urban Eatery. 


I wish we could have stayed longer and I also wish I had taken more photos the first time around. When we went back later, we couldn't stay because of the pouring rain, but we did go to the library and found a book sale there. Yes! Twenty-five cents for magazines, Adrienne got some old Betty & Veronica Comics and I found some newer Food Network and Runner's World magazines.  

Comments

Post a Comment