Island Doors ~ The Start of a Photo Collection

I had the luxury of having some time to myself Friday morning. Adrienne stayed home with Celeste while I went to the parent-teachers interviews at her senior high school. After the meetings, I had some free time before taking the bus back home. It was a beautiful sunny day and I took advantage of it by walking around Historic Charlottetown. 


St Paul's Church
I didn't have my beloved Canon Rebel with me, only my iPod Touch but I still wanted to capture what I saw. 


Great George Street 
The architecture is inspiring and I have decided to start a photo collection. I love the look of old doors and I saw several on just one street. My idea is to discover more in Charlottetown and on the island and photograph them. I will share them with you from time to time. This will be a long term project and I am looking forward to it. 


{As a side note, I really appreciate being able to get around the city with the transit system. The bus drivers here are the nicest I have ever met, truly! I have also noticed how having to wait for the next bus often gives me some unexpected happy moments. If Celeste is with me or if I am by myself, we always discover something new or just enjoy walking around. Last week, I found myself "having to wait" for the bus and went to the Art Gallery! Sometimes life does give us little pockets of time to enjoy little pleasures...}

Comments

  1. Great post, Alex! Love the doors. And I completely agree - sometimes the moments when we're "sidetracked" are the most magical of all.

    ~ Christine xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment