Poetry Tea Time :: And Then There Were Eight: Poems about Space


We had a lovely Poetry Tea Time this week. We read a few books and Celeste also read to me. We had a special guest too! Dad was home and sat with us for Poetry Tea Time. Celeste loved cutting the fruit and getting it all ready with her Daddy while I made our tea. 



We read "And Then There Were Eight: Poems about Space" by Laura Purdie Salas. This was a great choice since Celeste wants to continue studying the universe. The photos in this book were gorgeous and the poems were fun. Here is Celeste's favourite from that book:


Moon 
dances
a graceful ballet
around Earth
It decorates the 
stage of sky, 
shining in a spotlight of 
sun


We read one poem from our "The Tree that Time Built". The poem was from Circles by Barbara Juster Esbensen. 

I also read aloud "A Seed is Sleepy" by Dianna Hutts Aston. 




Celeste asked to read aloud. She wanted to share her current read with us "Ivy and Bean and the Ghost that Had to Go". It was so cute to listen to her read to me. I loved every minute. 



We had tea from our David's Tea collection. Celeste has found a new tea she loves: Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait. I love their Licorice Twist

If you want to read more about Poetry Tea Time, check out the Brave Writer's post here. You can also see my other posts here and here

Comments