Make & Listen :: Summer Projects :: Number Eleven

This past week, I started on the new 5 week long summer sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The two colours used for the frames are very summery in my opinion, apricot and pale yellow. This will be another fun cross-stitch project. 

This morning, the sky is grey and even setting my cross-stitch by the window didn't help with the lighting.


I have always wanted to try the paper-piecing method in quilting and make hexagons. I also love embroidery and when I saw Wild Olive's Summer Stitching Club, I had to sign up! 



Wild Olive's Summer Stitching Club starts in June and every week until the end of August, a tiny pattern to embroider is sent to you along with a recommended hexagon schedule. The project can be made into a mini quilt. I think I will turn mine into a placemat. I'm looking forward to trying a new-to-me technique. 

I have been listening (whether I want to or not!) to Glee season three. My girls love this show and watched several episodes over the weekend while I was working on my summer sampler. I did enjoy some of the songs, especially this old favourite..

I am linking this post to this week's Make & Listen post at Simple Things Notebook.


Comments

  1. These both look like fun projects. The stitching club embroidery and paper-piecing looks super neat. Can't wait to see how that comes out!
    Thanks for sharing Alex!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment