My Little Bookcase August Edition :: Our List

Jackie at My Little Bookcase invited everyone at the beginning of August to share a book a day, using the daily prompts. Celeste and I participated in May and loved sharing books. You can use Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to share, use the hashtag "mylittlebookcase" if you participate.




As I did in May, I am posting our photos here as well as Instagram, along with the list and the titles we shared. Sometimes I choose the book, but most of the time I ask Celeste. I will keep updating this post as we go along the month.


1. Out of print: The Three Wishes 
2. A book about food: Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
3. Suitable for Baby: 
4. Non Fiction: The Nature Connection by Clare Walker Leslie
5. A book with a dust jacket: The Death Cure by James Dashner
6. From your childhood: Les fables de La Fontaine 
7. Imagination: Oh, the Thinks you can Think! by Dr. Seuss
8. Adapted for screen: The Wizard of Oz by 
9. Textured: Fairies, an Usborne Touchy-Feely book



10. Empowering: The Feelings Book 
11. A book about friendship: The World of Pooh by A.A. Milne
12. An activity book: The Usborne Girls' Activity Book (and the Boys')
13. Set in another time: Dear Canada Series
14. Instructional: What Shall We Cook Today? 
15. New: Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool 
16. A fractured fairytale: The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley
17. A book about family: The Usborne Book of First Experiences 
18. Detailed: The Tree of Life by Peter Sis



19. Global: P is for Passport: a World Alphabet by Devin Scillian
20. Clever: Eye of the Crow by Shane Peacock
21. Loud: The Secret of Cacklefur Castle by Geronimo Stilton
22. Set in another place: Elissa's Quest by Erica Verrillo
23. Stunning: The Barefoot Book of Ballet Stories
24. A good book for boys: The Dangerous Book for Boys Canadian Edition
25. A collection: Puffin Classics 
26. A book with a moral: The Fables of Aesop
27. Inscribed: The Spiderwick Chronicles 



28. A concept book: Usborne Pocket Nature 
29. On high rotation: Rainbow Magic books
30. Favourite illustrator: Virginia Lee Burton
31. Rhyme: Dr Seuss or Theo LeSieg

Let me know if you are participating too!
As a side note, I recommend visiting My Little Bookcase blog. It's worth a visit if you enjoy children books! Recently, she put on an amazing Snow White theme birthday party and blogged about it here. 

Comments

  1. Oooh, I love this! I should be able to do this with the books that our here, but my library at home has even more books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may do this when I'm able to blog again. It looks like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment