Wrapping the Books!



December is almost here and we are planning on taking some time off our regular schedule to enjoy the holidays. 

We have a growing collection of holiday-themed books. I usually pick up a couple every year at thrift stores. Every year, after Christmas, I put them away with the decorations. The books come out again when we decorate on December 1st, and usually reside in a basket all through the holiday season. 

This year, I am doing something different. I saw this idea and thought it would be fun to do. I wrapped 24 of our holiday and winter themed books. Each day, we will open one and read it aloud. I started with the two at the top of the pile in the photo above, the Advent colouring calendar and the activity book. These are not story books but they will help get the holidays started. The last one to open on December 24th is "The Night Before Christmas". 



I think this will be fun! 

You might be interested in some of the ideas in my Yule - Winter Solstice board on Pinterest: 




Follow Alex Dk Yule ~ Winter Solstice on Pinterest

Comments

  1. Love this idea! Would make it even more fun to read a book each day to get to unwrap them and see what the book is for that day. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. I'll have to grow my collection a bit more before I try this, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment