DiverseCity Multicultural Festival 2014

Charlottetown's Victoria Row was a busy place yesterday afternoon with the DiverseCity Multicultural Festival. This was our third year attending, we discovered this awesome festival when we first moved here in June 2012. I wrote about it here with several photos. I didn't share photos from last year's festival, but we attended and loved every minute! 

This year, my girls and I went shortly after 4pm. I brought Celeste back home around 7pm and went back with Adrienne for the Headline Band and Street Dance. 

I took quick photos with my iPod throughout the evening. 

We started the evening with watching a few of the shows from China, Nepal, and Chile. We then grabbed some delicious food and bubble tea. Celeste rang the peace bell, the lady told her to make a wish:


After a few more shows, we checked out the craft and activities booths. So many fun things to discover and do! 

We tried Japanese kimonos. Adrienne and Celeste both got t-shirts with anime art done for them, along with their names written too:


Every year, we get henna on our hands. There were more than one booth with henna this year. We also got braids and beads in our hair. 


Adrienne and I went back after dropping off Celeste at home. We wanted to see and hear The Count and the Cuban Cocktail! It was great, we danced until the end! 


We love this festival! This year, the festival will also take place in Montague on July 12, and in Summerside on July 19. Check out PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada for more info. 


Comments