Once Upon a Time Sampler



The Once Upon a Time Sampler is finished! 

This was the year long cross stitch project from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The theme was fairy tales and folklore stories and their choices were wonderful. Every month, an email arrived in my mailbox with a new design. I really enjoy working on these year long projects, it is not overwhelming or too busy to complete. 

Here is a list of the stories stitched this year, with their respective months:

January - Snow White 
February - Princess and the Frog
March - Three Little Pigs
April - Goldilocks 
May - Jack and the Beanstalk
June - Princess and the Pea
July - Thumbelina 
August - Town Musicians of Bremen
September - Rapunzel
October - Cinderella
November - Little Red Riding Hood
December - Hansel and Gretel 

Each month, Celeste and I read the story. 

Last year, I did the the Woodland Sampler (see mine it here!) and in 2015 it will be the Story Time Sampler. The description says "this year we'll be stitching up portraits of our favourite characters from literature! Each character will be in an ornate frame with key details of their story in the background." Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes, Little Women...were mentioned! It should be another great project and depending on the length of the book, I might read the story of the month...

PS. After taking the photo, I realized I missed filling in one of the crowns on the border! Better fix that..


Comments

  1. That's so beautiful! Have fun with your 2015 sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is adorable! How sweet it would be framed and placed in my girls room :) I will have to check out the new project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment