I did it! 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene




As part of my focus on peace for this year, I started the year with 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene. The quote above in my favourite photo of the last 30 days reminds me that I have felt the pull towards yoga for a while now. I am grateful I finally listened to my intuition. 

Adriene from Yoga with Adriene talks a lot about finding what feels good. I have and it is daily yoga practice, early in the morning. 

Days 15 to 31 of  #30daysofyoga


For the whole month of January, I woke up at 6:15 am and followed the free daily 30 days of yoga video on YouTube. These daily videos were all unique and so enjoyable that I kept up with the habit all month. 



I am the type of person that loves to start new things, but keeping my attention and commitment is often a problem. Yoga is holding my attention and this morning ritual has become a habit. I know I will keep going with this. Yesterday, Sunday, I had told myself that I would take the day off yoga. But by 7 am, I was so hitching to do yoga that I got up and did one of the videos from Adriene's yoga for beginners. I am hooked! 

February 1

For February, I plan on following the Foundations of Yoga videos. There are 34 videos and some are really short, so I might do more than one a day.  

I love learning yoga, the poses and the awareness of body and mind. I have seen already the calm it brings me, during yoga and also for the rest of the day. I have been able to stay calm during stressful situations, when I normally would loose my cool. Yoga has brought me peace in many ways. It has been so beautiful. 

I will keep on taking quick daily photos at the end of each my yoga practice to keep me accountable. These photos are a good visual for me to see my progress, or lack of, or mistakes. I will continue to post them on my instagram.  I use several hashtags, but a particular one just for me is #lifeonislandyoga. 

February 2
Namaste. ♥

PS. I am linking this post to the lovely Modern Mrs. Darcy "What's saving my life right now". Yoga is saving me, actually giving me life and energy. And that is very special considering we are in the middle of winter!  

Comments

  1. Yay!!!! So very wonderful that you are hooked! So many times yoga has been my saviour. When I went through depression it was a major part of what pulled me out. So glad you have found something to calm your soul when you need it. Blessedness. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment