Documented Life Project ~ Five Layers



The last week of February came by so quickly! The theme of February was layers for the documented life project and this last week's art challenge was to use five layers. The journal prompt was "give me a high five". 

I started the first layer with gluing pieces of ripped vintage book pages. I then used acrylic paints, some white, pink, and turquoise. I then added another layer of ripped paper for the third layer. I added them to the page with some mod podge. 



For the fourth layer, I painted yellow hearts with a stencil I made with paper. I doodled and added the five koshas list for my fifth layer and as my journal prompt because I was not inspired by the "give me a high five" one. I have been fascinated by yoga and want to learn more about the practice. 


Even when I am not using the actual prompts from the Documented Life Project, I still love this process because it encourages me to take the time to work on a page each week, to play with art just for me! 

You can find all the prompts at Art to the 5th. 

Comments