Weekly Journal ~ Thanksgiving + Merlin + Studio Time

Visitors to our Autumn Beauty sunflowers 

This past week, we celebrated Thanksgiving. 

Our oldest daughter Adrienne, who moved on her own early September, joined us for a nice and simple Thanksgiving dinner. It was great to spend some time with her and Clara (her cat). Adrienne has been really busy working and settling in her apartment, so we haven't seen her much!

Merlin! 

Merlin is our new kitten! He is a three month old cutie and we have quickly fallen in love with him. He is adapting really quickly to our home and wants to play with Orion and Sophie all the time. Orion doesn't mind, Sophie isn't sure yet..

Spelling time in the studio

Our homeschool routine was a bit light this week, with Thanksgiving and Merlin being a big distraction! We did manage daily math, spelling, reading, and writing. We also read about the Americas and especially Champlain and early navigation tools. 

Robinson's Island

Celeste and Shawn went for a nice bike ride at Robinson's Island on Wednesday. She loved it so I went with her on Friday morning. It was a lot of fun and I will post more photos in a future blog post. The new trail has fun mountain bike challenges. 

I spent some time working in my studio this week, getting more smaller things made for a potential Etsy Holiday market! I also made myself a Moleskine journal cover (the biggest image below) with some of the Heather Ross Tiger Lily fabrics. The messy pile of fabric is becoming another tote bag. I love the typewriter fabric from Cotton + Steel. I made another infinity scarf and will make more for the market too, they are super soft and cozy! 

Sewing time in my studio


Another infinity scarf made! 

A quick update this week, I have several new blog posts in the works with some really nice book reviews coming up! 

Have a great weekend! 


Comments