Ganesha's Sweet Tooth ~ Book Review + Ladoo Making



Ganesha's Sweet Tooth is written by Sanjay Patel and Emily Haynes, illustrated by Sanjay Patel. It is a wonderful adaptation of how Ganesha wrote the epic Hindu poem called the Mahabharata, in a colourful and beautiful picture book format. 

In this fun version of the story we meet Ganesha, an Hindu god, when he was a little kid. He had the head of an elephant and his friend was a magical mouse. He liked to collect fruits and sweets from the temples. 




Ganesha especially enjoyed eating ladoos and didn't always want to share. He came across a jumbo jawbreaker ladoo and even though his friend warned him, he still ate it....and ended up breaking part of his tusk. 




Frustrated, he threw his tusk at the moon. It ended up hitting the head of Vyasa, a poet who needed help. Ganesha was happy to find out that his broken tusk could be very useful! 




Celeste and I loved this bright and fun colourful story. The art by Sanjay Patel is truly amazing. The authors explain how they changed the story to make it more fun! Celeste and I were inspired to read more Hindu myths and especially make our own ladoos! 

I am not sure ours would be traditional ladoos, but after looking over several recipes, I thought they were very similar to some energy balls I have made before. 

I decided to make one of the recipes from Jamie Oliver's Everyday Super Food, the tasty energy balls with apricot, ginger & cashews. I switched apricots with mangoes. These are really gingery and yummy, like candy! They are also vegan! 






You can find Ganesha's Sweet Tooth at: Amazon.ca 
Chapters.Indigo.ca
and check your local bookstore! 

Disclosure: I received a sample book for review from Raincoast Books. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ. The amazon.ca link is an associate link. 

Comments

Post a Comment