Making in the Studio ~ Farmer's Wife Quilt + More

This past week, I concentrated on making more tote bags for the upcoming Etsy holiday market. Almost every free moment I had went into "production" when I wasn't busy with homeschooling, cooking, driving or spending a little time with my children...It was fun, but the house started feeling my neglect and by this morning I needed to take care of it! As I mentioned before, balancing making and everything else I do has been a challenge...

I do love making, the stress comes from not having a short time to prepare and not knowing how much things to make since it is my first market. 

Here are some photos I took throughout the week of what I have been working on!



I made more of the business card holders. These are so cute and fun to make that I will make more for the market. The one with the firefly and mason jar is on its way to a friend in Nova Scotia! 




Several tote bags are almost finished. I will be adding straps this week. I will likely post one bag of each type in my etsy shop and keep the rest for the local holiday etsy market. I love this Cotton and Steel Spellbound fabric:



These tote bags I named "Happy in Nature", they are made with beautiful Heather Ross Lily Tiger fabric from Windham Fabrics. 




One evening, I put my work aside and completed two blocks for the farmer's wife quilt. 

Block #8 Aunt was a little bit of challenge, but I enjoyed it even if my block isn't perfect. 


The other block I made was #14 Betty. I used scraps from the Spellbound fabrics. 


Both were fun to make. It's nice to try new techniques, even my blocks don't turn out picture perfect! Quilting isn't all about perfection, after all..

If you are interested in joining this sew-along, you can find information at Gnome Angel Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew-Along FAQ. 


I've enjoyed watching more Hercule Poirot while working away! 


Comments