The Simple Beauty of Raindrops in Nature

"If you stay close to nature, to its simplicity, to the small things hardly noticeable, those things can unexpectedly become great and immeasurable." Rainer Maria Rilke. 

Raindrops on Columbine Flowers ~ Taken with Canon Rebel T3i 

Nature is so soothing! One way that I enjoy studying nature is in our own little garden, through my camera lens or with the help of a little tool called Easy-Macro attached to an iPod Touch 5th Generation. 


Raindrops on Bleeding Hearts flowers ~ Taken with Canon Rebel T3i


Observing little raindrops after a rain or when it is a light rain is so calming and enjoyable, that I could stay out for hours! I feel it's a type of meditation. I have to slow down, often kneel down to see better, and watch my breathing in order to take the photos. 

It is wonderful to see how differently raindrops attach themselves to the flowers, the stems, or leaves. The photo in the top left of the mosaic below shows raindrops on dandelion seeds that blew onto our blueberry bush! 


These four photos were taken with the Easy-Macro lens attached to my iPod Touch. 


If you follow me on instagram at lifeonisland, you probably have noticed my obsession with these up-close photos, especially with the raindrops or morning dew. 


Comments