Nature Study Goals 2016 ~ Quarterly Update #2



It's July so that means it's time for another quarterly update on my nature study goals for 2016. You can read about my goals here

The months of April, May, and June were filled with spring like weather at first then summer weather which found me enjoying the outdoors even more than the first three months of the year! You can see the first update on my goals here

I noticed now looking back that spending more time outside meant I didn't use my nature journal as much, instead I shared more of my observations on Instagram and here on my blog. 

I do enjoy sharing photos and writing about nature on this blog so I think I will continue to do that in the future, especially since I will not be homeschooling. I believe that including nature in our daily lives is important and so beneficial that if I can inspire even a few people to do this because of my blog posts, I will be very happy. 

Here is a look back to the last three months:

In my nature journal 

Short notes on my observations of nature was very enjoyable to write.
This is something I want to keep doing, and could add to my bullet journal.


I continue to study Nature-Inspired art and music. I blogged about this monthly focus and you can read each month's art + music I studied herehere, and June will soon be published.

Here is a list of the topics I studied and wrote about by month:

April: 
  • Signs of Spring list 
  • Red Maple tree
May: 
  • Daily observations (almost daily!) 
  • Grape Hyacinths 
June: 
No entries in my nature journal, but I did write about nature here, on my blog so I am listing those!



Books I read 



- Whatever the Weather: Science Experiments and Art Activities That Explore the Wonder of Weather by Annie Riechmann and Dawn Suzette Smith
- The Curious Nature Guide by Clare Walker Leslie
- Unseen City by Nathanael Johnson


Trails and Nature Routes I explored

- East Royalty Nature Trail, Charlottetown
- Hillsborough River Walkway, Charlottetown 
- Waterfront Boardwalk, Charlottetown 
- Hermitage Creek Loop, Charlottetown 
- Robinsons Island, PEI National Park 

I often take photos with my iPod during our nature walks. I share these on my Instagram @lifeonisland

I made 3 mosaics last update with nature photos I had taken during January, February, March. I really enjoyed looking back so I made 3 new ones, this time for April, May, and June. 

Enjoying Early Spring in April 



Having Fun in May in Nature 

So much green + flowers all around us in June!


See you in October when I look back on July, August, and September! 

Comments