Yoga Bodies: Real People, Real Stories & The Power of Transformation ~ Book Review




Yoga Bodies: Real People, Real Stories & the Power of Transformation is a collection of stories from yogis of all backgrounds, shapes, sizes, ages, and abilities. These beautiful and inspiring stories have been collected by Lauren Lipton with photographs by Jaimie Baird. 

There are 80 stories from yogis. All the stories are from real people, like you and me. This made for a refreshing change from reading stories from, for example, yoga magazines. Some stories explain how the person started their yoga journey, others how yoga has changed their lives, or how they include yoga in their lives. 



Each story was very inspiring for me. I found reading them affected me in various ways, sometimes bringing me to tears, other times nodding along because I could relate so well. Some stories, like Jay's, a transplant surgeon gave me insight into a completely different world. 

I found myself reading a couple of stories each morning. I also read a few aloud to share with my family. It was a great way to start my day and encouraged me to find the time to fit my own daily yoga practice. Practicing yoga has truly been an amazing experience for me too over the last two years! 





Yoga Bodies: Real People, Real Stories & the Power of Transformation will be released March 28 and can be found at:
Indigo.ca 
Amazon.ca 

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for review from Raincoast Books. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ. 



Comments