Yoga Dice ~ Review



Yoga Dice by Chronicle Books is a great very useful little kit with 7 wooden dice and a booklet. The idea is so simple, I love it as an addition to my regular daily yoga practice! 

Each dice has 6 sides. There are 5 poses and one chakra. Chakras are believed to be centres of energy in different parts of our bodies. Each dice has a different chakras and type of poses, like standing, balancing, seated, forward bend, backbend, sun salutations and core. 

At the end of my yoga practice, I grab one of the dice, roll it and see where it lands. I then look up the information for that image in the booklet and do the pose. Sometimes I do it several times in a row. 

If it lands on a chakra, I read the corresponding page and pay attention to that centre. Each chakra page in the booklet includes suggested poses for balancing that chakra, so I usually look those up and do one. 

I haven't done this yet, but rolling all the dice at once and following each of the poses would give a fun practice and so many combination possibilities! 



You can find Yoga Dice by Chronicle Books at:
Amazon.ca 
and check your local independent book store!

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for review from Raincoast Books. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ.  



Comments

Post a Comment